Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Love Lost: Looking for a love to take my breath away

You ever lost something, so you spent all day looking for it
And  then you couldn’t even find it in the day time, so you’re up all night searching every place you had gone to

Prying your fingers through every nook and cranny, ever couch cushion, every drawer, every pocket, every place, everywhere trying to find it
And then you couldn’t find it at night time, so you can barely sleep in the wee hours  of the morning

mind racing cold sweats mixed with heat flashes tossing and turning wondering where you could have left it, and then you close your eyes and its right there like you always had it, and it feels so real
But then you open your eyes and its not there, you just had a dream
And then you wonder if it was all a dream..like an inception wondering if you ever had it

Maybe you never had it
See, I can’t find love

I really have looked everywhere for it
And at times I feel like I found it
But then I didn’t
I think love is the greatest treasure in all the land
I would cross the seven seas

Through a tumultuous freeze
Then trudge through snow above my knees
On over 10 odysseys
THROUGH AIR SO THIN I CAN HARDLY BREATHE!

To find a love that would take my last bits of breath away
A pirate in search of love except my name won’t be Captain Ahab, Captain  Morgan, or Captain Sparrow
My name will be Captain Hook

Because 1) once I get a hold of love I will never ever let it go and

2) Once Peter green with envy pipes

Me and my love would waltz like Disney and live happily ever after

And the only way you would know about it is cause Tinkerbell told you

And at that moment  you would know that it was just a fairy tale
As a little boy, lying in bed, I was told not to believe in fairy tales

Such a belief is toothless, like pulling teeth piece by piece and placing them under a pillow
There’s not even a dime of truth under it

So, maybe its just me
Maybe love is running away from me

Maybe that’s why when I think I’ve found it it
It runs away, and the girl who I thought had it
Scoffs me off like the perfect college loan; no interest


Or maybe love just purposely hides from me,

So the girl that has it is someone I don’t know or would never expect
Not even in my wildest dreams

And no matter how many books I read, degrees I get, I can’t outsmart love

No matter how much I spend on movies, dinner, chocolates, and flowers, I can’t buy love

No matter how many pushups, pull-ups, plyometrics, and pilates I do, I never look sexy enough for love

And no matter how kind, courteous, caring, considerate, and compassionate I am, I’m never a good enough person for love
So, I give up…..love you win

You’re so lost that I don’t even know if you’re there anymore
But if you are there, then  you win
YOU WIN

I can’t look for you anymore because deep down you have to want to be found
You have to want to love me

So, I’m going to wait, and I know you’ll be the good thing that comes to me

And when you come I promise that it will be the happiest day of your life

Because our love (together) will create a new verb that words can’t describe
That even the angels and spirits in heaven


 When they see us, will TELL GOD



THAT THEY ARE JEALOUS OF OUR LOVE


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely. Reading it put a smile on my face, to know you are hopeful, not bitter. Which indicates it is truly love you seek. Peace and love be yours, Robin

Post a Comment